We made it another week...

Sunday, January 24, 2010

So after my melt down Friday I would say this weekend has been really good.

Special shout out to Mrs. Fatass(of Did I Just Eat That Out Loud) for the well wishes! Thank you. If you guys haven't checked out her blog you should. She's adorable and an amazing writer!!! :)

The Nutrition test went well. There were only a few questions I second guessed myself on, but overall I feel like I kicked its ass! I will keep you guys posted.

TOM is finally here. WHEW. After 3 months with no period (due to a yearly girl check up and then an abnormal pap which resulted in me having to have a biopsy -- everything came back normal and negative so I'm not completely falling apart) I just kept taking my BC.... and whew can we say BLOATED?

My parents brought home wings for me last night. I really shouldn't' have eaten them because they were fried, but I did anyway and I paid for it last night. YUCK!

Weighed in this morning knowing it was going to be up due to TOM, but was pleasantly surprised it was 199. Down .5 from earlier in the week so I feel like post time I should be down a few more pounds. YAY!

Today is a planned diversion because I have friends coming in from out of town to visit on their way up to Pittsburgh. Not really sure what our plans are. I have to say,t here really isn't much to do in this town.... nothing I want to do anyway. We had thought about seeing Avatar (to which I admitted my disappointment because why am I going to sit in a theatre for 2 hours where I can't talk to friends I haven't seen in over a year,) but they are sold out. So we'll figure something out I suppose? I am really excited to see them though!!!! :)

My therapist told me to do something for myself this week and I did that yesterday. After my test I came home, was finally able to get into my OWN car (my doors were frozen shut and I had to take my mom's car to campus for the test) I drove around BLARING some good dnb (Aaron Simpson's Through The Fire mix). I went to the mall to check out Sunglasses Hut. Here's my dilema of sorts.... I have a fabulous pair of BLACK sunglasses. I mean, BLACK BLACK you cant see though them at sundown because they are so dark. Which I love and got for free.... I don't even know where they came from or what company makes them. I've been eyeing a pair of Rayban aviators for a while and if I'm going to spend $170 on a pair of sunglasses then I'm going to get what I want. When I went to SH and showed the guy working my loves he was floored. He said he'd never seen a pair so dark before and basically told me I wouldn't find any anywhere.... not even a pair that weren't aviators. *SHRUGS* I will find them!!!

Treated myself to Starbucks. I have given up my wonderful Iced Chais with soy for unsweetened green tea that I throw 2 packs of splenda in.... and lemme tell you, its nice to pay $2.07 for a medium drink rather than $4.20!

I figured I would stop by my optometrist office because I need to set up an appointment for an eye exam in February anyway. I haven't had my eyes checked in at least 3 years. It's def time and I would like a new pair of frames. They were closed....

I came home and proceeded to listen to music for about 3 hours. When I say listen to music... I literally had my head phones on, perused Youtube and sang my little heart out at the top of my lungs. It was fabulous and I was happy.

Afterwards I had some lunch (cream of mushroom soup, green beans and broccoli and cheese), watched House which was DVRed.

Then came the most EPIC 3 hour couch nap.

BLISS!

I watched part of The Peaceful Warrior last night and finally fell asleep. I would definitely recommend watching this movie. I haven't finished it yet, but it is AMAZING. Thanks Mikey for the suggestion!

I've picked up around the house some today. Laundry is currently going. Have some clothes to hang up.... shower and Jen and Jon will be arriving around 1:30 or 2:00.

I'm pretty sure I'll be in the dog house with my father later. My Great Aunt Peggy died this week and her funeral is today at 3. I'm sorry, don't get me wrong, I am fond of Peggy and I understand this is for respect of the family and to "honor her life," but I don't do funerals anymore. That is another topic for another day. I think Peggy would be okay with me enjoying my day with friends... and this has been planned for over a month. While the funeral was mentioned, no one asked me to go, my mother asked if I was GOING to go last night to which I replied no.

I'm off to go finish chores and getting ready to see my dear friends.

Have a great Sunday everyone. Remember to enjoy your day, enjoy those around you and to BE IN THE MOMENT.

<3

1 comment

Marssey said...

Sorry to hear about your aunt.

Anyway, my spirits perked up a bit after reading your comment on my blog. Thanks. I love green tea by the way... I take mine with no sugar. Very refreshing. One thing that I can easily for go when dieting is sugar. Don't really need them sweet treats. But I simply shake and shiver trying to fight off the temptation to stuff my face with chips and fried food (chicken, fries, anything). Oh well... lose some, win some. Heheh.. but so far (since yesterday :P) am doing good. Still on track.

Hope your week will turn out good. *hugs*

Post a Comment