HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Friday, January 1, 2010

I hope everyone had a FANTASTIC day/night yesterday. I behaved myself really well up until my family get together which was a planned diversion. I guess it really wasn't ALL that bad, all things considered. I'm into Phase 2 of SBL so I can start adding breads (wheat) back in. We did our traditional bagels with lox. YUM!!!! I also had some shrimp, 6 mini egg rolls, 4 meatballs (which really wouldn't have been that bad except for the BBQ sauce they were cooked in) and 4 pieces of chocolate. That was my gluttonous decision. My co worker had given me a box of European chocolates (brand name is Merci) that I had been eye-ing all break. Yummy! Except for the tummy ache afterward. Go figure. When you cut all of those bad carbs and sugars out and then have a tummy full your body revolts!!!

I ended up being in bed by 11:00. I know all of you are probably thinking LOSER. Well, yeah. HAHA. Actually there wasn't much as far as choices to do here. I didn't want to drink (hell, I'd already had enough calories with food) and alcohol is a no-no for the most part. Plus I drank on Christmas so that was the trade off I had already decided on. I don't like going out downtown because there are too many drunk drivers and I just don't like driving home late on big nights like NYE and putting myself at risk. I'm not really a HUGE fan of all the drunken drama of house parties and pickins were slim so... I stayed home. I slept in until 11:00. *gasp* That's the latest I've slept in in quite a while and the latest I've slept in all break.

Got up this morning and had another bagel (whole wheat) with lox. Went to Starbucks and tried the Skinny Vanilla Latte with sugar free vanilla syrup. Not too shabby. Although I am still partial to my regular coffee with sugar free vanilla creamer and 3 packets of splenda.

Not really sure what's on the agenda food wise for the rest of the day, I just know it's going to be ON PLAN! :)

On SBL you're kind of limited with the sweet treats you're allowed. I have been doing one tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a fudgesicle. Kind of tastes like a Reese's Cup, but it gets a litttttle old after a while.

Here's a list of permitted Sweet Treats:

SWEET TREATS (Limit to 75-100 calories per day)

Candies, hard, sugar-free
Chocolate powder, no-added-sugar
Chocolate syrup sugar free
Cocoa powder, baking type
Drink mix sugar ree and nutrient enhanced
Fudgsicles, no sugar added
Gelatin, sugar-free
Gum, sugar-free
Jams and jellies, sugar-free
Popsicles, sugar-free
Syrups, sugar-free
Some Sugar Free Products may be made with sugar alcohols (isomalt, lactitol, mannitol, sorbitol or xylitol) and are permitted on the SBD. They may have associated side effects of GI distress (abdominal pain, diarrhea & gas) if consumed in excessive amounts.


Years ago when my family had gone on Atkins we had found candy bars made by Asher's that are geared towards low carb diets and are sugar free (made with sugar mannitol). They used to carry them at GNC, but I guess since the "fad" is over they don't carry them as much anymore. I had to go to www.Ashers.com and I bought a case (comes with 20) of their sugar free milk chocolate candy bars with liquid caramel. YUMMMMM!!!!! You have to horde those suckers (ended up costing $35 with shipping) and also you can't eat too many too often because it WILL mess up your tummy!!! Those should be arriving on MONDAY! WOOHOOO!!!

I'm off to start on my homework. Work starts back Monday and school starts on Wednesday the 6th, which means I have my online class and only ONE on campus meeting this week. Luckily it's not my long day (those are Tuesdays).

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR NEW YEAR!!!

As my friend Damien says "May the best of your 2009 be the worst of your 2010!"

PS I'm not one for resolutions as I always feel we set up ourselves for failure with these... HOWEVER... I am striving to be more positive, complain less (I am quite the fan of bitching) and to have a better all around attitude. We'll see! ;)

0 comments

Post a Comment