Wow, I remember what it feels like to breathe again

Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Monday Everyone!

Man, weekends never are long enough and the week days never are short enough! Welcome back to Monday!

I haven't posted since last Wednesday because let's face it, I lead a pretty boring life and there just isn't much to post about.

I have finally decided to drop my Anatomy class. At first I was really upset because I felt like I was throwing in the towel. I felt like for the steps I've been able to forge ahead over the years I was suddenly repeating my first and second go-round at college.

I bit off more than even I can chew.

I work 40 hours a week. I had one class I was teaching myself online. 1 class I had to go ON campus for 2 days a week. One of which didn't put me out of class most nights until 9pm. It makes for a long day and I just don't have the time, dedication or motivation to study. If I didn't like sleep, maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but I do.... and I like not feeling like my head is going to explode 24/7.

Because I'm attempting to get into a COMPETATIVE nursing program (which most are) I would rather take the withdrawal and have a good grade later than flounder and get a horrible grade this semester. I really underestimated how labor intensive this class would be. Don't get me wrong, I know the body is an incredible machine with 20384204892834 parts, but DANG!

Saturday I went to hang out with my brother. I took the weekend to ENJOY ont being buried in my books over my head. It was nice. Minus the fact that I drank too much and ate badly. I had a few mixed drinks, fried chicken tenders and some fries. However, if we can at least talk about SMALL changes.... I didn't eat all of my fries even though I really wanted to.

In looking at my weight log I realized I only lost 3.5 lbs in the past month which is a HUGE RED FLAG that "HEY, YOU'RE NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!" Which really translates into those little cheats here and there... yeah.... they show up on the scale goofy.

I busted my "LIST" of ALLOWED Lifestyle foods and foods that should be avoided and gave those a once over.

Last night I made a taco casserole which was good, but I made it a little different this time and there was a huge difference. That will be lunch for a few days. Yogurt and granola this morning. Maybe a salad or chicken for dinner tonight.

I really want to start looking at my calorie/nutrient intake. Now that I have a little more time I full intend on doing that. For my nutrition class I wrote a paper on sodium content and was FLOORED that if you eat ONE can of green beans (of course all foods that are processed/pre-packaged have a ton of sodium) it almost puts you at your daily allowance of sodium for the day. Did you hear me? ONE CAN!!!! It was 3.5 servings of green beans in the can. 390mg of sodium PER serving which puts it at just over 1300 mg of sodium. You are allowed 1500-2500 (if you're under 50) PER DAY. Holy cow!

Also, I'm thinking about picking up the Couch to 5K program again. I had started it before the holidays and only made it through 3 weeks. I was already contemplating it, but there may be some motivation from Mrs. Fatass over at Did I Just Eat That Out Loud?

Oh, and the exciting news for the day? I weighed at 193.5 this morning. I was 193.5 on Saturday morning but due to my poor choices Satur-DAY I was at 195.5 yesterday. I will be taking 193.5 as official weigh in this week as TOM should be here within the next 2-3 days. Oh joy!

Period or no period.... I will NOT allow this to make me lazy or use it as an excuse to be discouraged, eat poorly or give up. I will work hard this week. Even if my weight goes UP this week, I know I will see it go DOWN next week.

No excuses.

I will be seeing a friend of mine in Charlotte in 12 days! YOWZA!

I will be in Atlanta in a month.

I will be seeing another friend in April.

Plenty of motivation for the taking... eye on the prize, eye on the prize.

0 comments

Post a Comment