Dance Party? Why yes thank you!

Friday, February 5, 2010

I've been thinking. *wheels screeeeeeech!*

No, no, don't be scared. Well, sometimes you should be scared when I start thinking because I think entirely too much and it's going to be a random thought process and will probably make you think I've lost my damn mind, but... not today.

Not yet, anyway.

I LOVE music. I know this sounds like a very generic statement and it probably makes you say "Yeah, you and me both. What's your point?" Seriously. I LOVE MUSIC. It has always puzzled me when people say "they don't like music." Who doesn't like music?

Two weekends ago I spent about 3 hours sitting in my room, headphones on, no one home, singing my little heart out and you would've thought I had gone on vacation. I slowed down and enjoyed myself and took some time to do something that makes ME happy. Nothing I felt like I "had" to do. Something I enjoy doing. Something I am passionate about. I take pride in the fact that I am known for being one of the most knowledgable people about music that I enjoy.

I also love to dance. After many years being a party kid *gasp... you mean "raver?!?!?!"* I still have no problem throwing down in my house and having my very own dance party. I love music. I love to dance. What more can a girl ask for? [Nevermind, that's a loaded question and another a post for another day.]

With all of that being said... what makes more sense than to DANCE for exercise each day?

I've been dragging my feet with the exercise. I'm lazy. I'm busy with school and I'm busy facebooking... yeah, I'll get real with you guys for a minute... and I just don't want to exercise even though I KNOW it makes me feel 23094820498234 times better. I really just cannot come home from work/school and sit down. I have to go change clothes and get straight to working out otherwise I lose all locomotion.

My 30 day experiment is this:

10 minutes (minimum) dance party EVERY DAY for 30 days starting tomorrow (Saturday Feb 6).

I wanna see how I feel, if it helps this weight come off any faster and to see if I can make it a habit to dance.

[and NO, I never watched that show "Dance Your A$$ Off." ]

In other news I really have to buckle down for school. I've been playing and being preoccupied a LITTTTLE too much and not really buckling down enough on the weekends like I should. I have 2 tests next week and I think this sleep thing... that I love so dearly is going to have to take a back seat to study time.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT Friday!!!!

0 comments

Post a Comment