Just another Manic Monday....

Monday, February 8, 2010

GOOD MORNING PEOPLE!!!

Welcome to a fabulous Monday. [No sarcasm there.... seriously!]

I was holding out on updating because I was really hoping to be able to say I'd lost weight. I'm still holding out at 195.5 (disappointingly).

However, my stall has really taught me a few things about my body and I'm happy that I've actually REALIZED what's going on.

Last week I was on plan, but I wasn't eating as often as I should. There was one day where I didn't have anything to eat (thanks to forgetting my wallet) until about 2:30 in the afternoon. Even then I don't think it really constitutes as much of anything. I ate a pack of cheese crackers because I was hungry and had class and knew I wouldn't be home until late. I didn't eat a "full meal" until after 7:30 at night.

I've never been much of a breakfast person. Sometimes I find myself hungry on the weekends, probably because I've slept later, but even as a child/teenager I was never a fan of eating first thing. I would have to choke something down and generally didn't like having to do that because it didn't make me feel good. However, when I eat first thing in the morning I find myself HUNGRY a few hours later, meaning my metabolism is *gasp*... WORKING!

Not only have I been skipping breakfast, I haven't been snacking much because I'm not hungry... meaning I haven't been eating my veggies. [One of my favorite snacks is green beans!]

Friday night I made an AMAZING JAMBASTA (jumbalaya pasta), but it was HEAVY in sodium (thank you turkey kielbasa). At first I was hoping the sodium was part of the issue, but I made a point to keep my sodium down yesterday and drink TONS of water. Still the same weight so I can't hide behind THAT anymore.

This morning I grabbed a container of yogurt for breakfast and a little bit of granola. Granola isn't on plan, but I really need a little something to go in it. Whether its a banana or yogurt I'm just not a fan of yogurt by itself.

I get to work, I'm having a fabulous morning (still am, don't get me wrong). I get my office cleared out (it's hectic from 7:15-8:30) and decide it's time for breakfast. I go and grab my yogurt, pour in my granola, take a bite and....


BLECHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! *gags* *coughs* *gags again*

No, it hadn't gone bad (give me a break, I checked the label BEFORE I packed it with my lunch this morning)it was nonfat (holy 12g of sugars!)PLAIN yogurt. Which meant it tastes like ass! It literally has a yogurt consistency but tastes strangely like sour cream.

That went in the trash and I opted for some string cheese instead.

Operation Dance Party is underway. I danced both Saturday and Sunday for 10 minutes straight with intermittent dancing around the house. Parentals were gone so I was able to bump my studio monitors which sound AMAZING!!!! :) I finally got an RCA cord to hook my laptop/ipod up to the monitors so I'm in heaven right now.

Now granted, I was bouncing around all over the place but DANG I'm out of shape... I was breaking a sweat after 10 minutes, which is good because the whole point is to GET YOUR HEART RATE UP, right?


I did have a mini breakdown yesterday afternoon. I will refer to it as an existential crisis because, honest to God, I do have those quite often. It wasn't food related, it was triggered by missing some friends and finding out one may be moving, etc. I was upset and generally down and having the whole "where am I going? Am I on the right path? I'm overwhelmed! Do I really want to go back to school?" combined with "WHY did I agree to these lessons this lifetime, etc."

I picked myself up, I brushed myself off and I have to say... this quote helped me out TREMENDOUSLY.

"This is a time of great change. Change is merely Shiva's dance. Lower self is overwhelmed. Higher self is unmoved. Follow your heart and you will rise above the challenge of change." -Babaji

I will leave you all with that today. Really think about that.

Have a GREAT week everyone!!! :)

0 comments

Post a Comment