A look in the mirror (full length at that!)

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I had an A-HA moment yesterday.

I posted previously about how I wasn't feeling too great about myself this past weekend and was sucked into the black hole of being self-conscious. Being almost 25 lbs down I took a shower at my friend's house that has mirrors all the way across her bathroom. As I looked at myself I was disgusted. I've lost 25 lbs and I looked like THAT!!! Just imagine what I looked like 25 lbs heavier. I was really beating myself up.

Yesterday I went to Target to get some new work out clothes *yay* and to check out their swimsuits and pick up some other odds and ends.

I have been eyeing this bathing suit.



I think it's super cute and fun and just because I may be considered a "plus" size I don't think I have to dress like an old lady.

They didn't have the top but I spotted these shorts. Well, not these exact shorts but pretty similar. They're solid black and if you roll them over they have the splash print that matches the top. They're also a little longer but still SHORT for me!

http://www.target.com/mdp/B00335HMU0/ref=sr_qi_1_23?sr=1-23&qid=1274371146&asin=B00335HMU0

It wouldn't let me post it but you can follow the link. They're typical girl style board shorts.

So I grab 2 sizes and head to the dressing room... I put on the smaller pair and they fit but they were tighter than I wanted so I tried the next size up and they fit perfectly. Now, we all know how lovely those 3 angled mirrors are in the dressing room... they show you things that you didn't even KNOW you had.

And you know what? My legs didn't look half bad. And you know what else? All that cellulite I was convinced in my head that I have... really wasn't there. And for a moment I was confortable and I liked my legs.

I bought them!

It's amazing how getting back on track (and getting rid of some water weight) can do for your psyche.

So, for all of those bad days we have when we hate our bodies, there is a day that you will say "today I might not LOVE myself, but damn I'm improving!!!"

This morning the scale was down to 184.2! HELL YEAH!!!! That was especially surprising considering how BLOATED I was last night. I love my birth control but the only downside to it is that when I take the 2 pills BEFORE the placebos I am hella bloated. I'm okay with that though!!!!

Tonight is the gym and TOMORROW night I leave for the beach to go play with my loves!!!!

0 comments

Post a Comment