Tuesday, May 4, 2010

As stated in my most recent update... I spent all last week being sick. I gave myself a nasty upper respiratory infection so I was battling being able to breathe. I haven't been to a traditional doctor in YEARS. I knew on Wednesday it was getting ready to shift from my head to my lungs so I went ahead and went to the doctor. Thursday morning I woke up and felt like my lungs had fallen out of my chest and were rolling around under my bed somewhere.

I didn't go to work for 2 days. This is unheard of practically.

I didn't work out at all after Monday.

The doc put me on a z pack and sent me on my merry way... Friday being the brilliant person I am I went out drinking with some coworkers after work. The one beer I was going to have turned into 5 beers (over a 5 hour period) but you know what? We had fun and I was okay with it. In order to slurp up my beer-y deliciousness I fell victim to the awesome fish and chips the tap room had.

Saturday morning I woke up and weighed 180. How in the hell?

I spent Saturday with my ass glued to the couch. I had the house to myself for the first time in a long while and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I watched the X-Men marathon and somehow or another I just couldn't manage to convince anyone to take a shower FOR me or go to the grocery store FOR me so I had to get up and do it myself.

Sunday I did chores and relaxed.

Back to the grind yesterday.... and the weekend caught up with me, 181.8 or so. I'll still take that.

I'm a little disappointed that I'm not going to make my 15 work out for this most recent set of 3 weeks, but really you do what you gotta do. I know some people say it's better to work out and I'll be honest Monday when I hopped on the treadmill at home I did feel a little better. I had more energy but me being hot got the snot flowing so I was snotting all over the place and you can FORGET running or even walking as fast as I normally do. I opted to take it easy...

I really did miss the gym. I brought my clothes to work and got there and kind of dreaded going in. I think there was fear of what it was going to be like after not having gone for a week. [Yet there was no fear of not having gone for MONTHS? Cause that makes sense.] I decided to ease back into it. [Are we noticing a trend here?] I hopped on the treadmill and walked at a brisk pace for 25 minutes. And then cycling for 20 minutes. I gotta good sweat going.

There were 2 guys on either side of me that were running. One guy was jogging at a pretty good pace and he jogged for a long time. He wasn't over exerting himself but he had a good pace going. I was impressed because he ran straight and you guys know my but is huffing and puffing after 2 minutes. The guy on the other side of me was struggling a bit more. But you know what? He impressed me. He ran for 5 minutes straight. Took a break and then started jogging again. When I got off I really wanted to turn to him and say "Good job man, keep it up! You'll get there." And having both of these guys running on either side of me I wanted to take the last 5 minutes I had on the treadmill and start jogging myself. Trying to push myself to complete those 5 mintues.... but that little voice of doubt inside of my head said "you've been walking next to these guys for 15 minutes. If you start jogging and you give up at 2 minutes, they're going to think you're a loser." I guess that's the evil little lizard on my shoulder that Drazil has on her shoulder over at http://justmedrazil.blogspot.com/.

After I left I felt SO much better and I'm glad I got back on the horse. I'm so close to the 170s I can't stand it... I just find myself self sabotaging (the beer, the poor dinner choices, etc) when I get close and I REFUSE to spend 2 months in the 180s like I did the 190s. So I'm grabbing this sucker by the horns and takin' charge!!!!


Oh -- and I also realized today that I'm going to the farm in 2 months. I really need to start working on my upper body strength. I know push ups will help (I can only do half assed girly push ups to be honest.] Do any of you have any suggestions for exercises?

Hope you all are having a fabulous week!!!! Hugs to those of you struggling and high fives to those of you taking names and kicking ass!

0 comments

Post a Comment