Confessions of a compulsive over eater....

Monday, May 10, 2010

Well ladies and gents, it's time to get real. You ready for this?

I'm a compulsive over eater... not only do I over eat but I binge on occasion. Luckily I hadn't had much of a binge in a while...until recently.

This past week I haven't just eaten kind of poorly .... I've eaten horribly.

If there's one things I've noticed it's that when I do something I'm ashamed of or embarrassed by I go into hiding. Hence the reason I haven't been blogging much lately or posting much over at 3FC. I haven't responded to emails as quickly as I normally would.

It all started when I got sick. Part of my getting sick was emotionally fueled. I'm a big believer in that. Our emotions often manifest into "dis-ease" when we don't deal with them. After taking a week off of working out and not eating as well as I should have it kind of snow balled.

I had some other stuff that I'm kind of upset about but haven't really been dealing with, including WW3 with one of my dearest friends. There was also some personal rejection taking place and instead of owning up to it and letting myself feel it I started literally stuffing everything down.

So a week later... here I am beating myself up.

Jen over at Prior Fat girl posted today about whiny baby blogs. Where people constantly bitch about what they want to change but they don't do anything about it. I don't want to have one of those blogs either.

So today - instead of bitching about how the scale said 187.4 this morning or blah blah blah... I can tell you what choices I DID make today in order to make a change.

Today I have eaten on plan:

Coffee w/ cream + splenda
Banana for breakfast
Chicken Stir Fry for lunch
Raw bell peppers for a snack
Banana before the gym
Broccoli with cheese for a snack
Ribs for dinner

Today I went to the gym and I did 20 minutes on the Arc Trainer and 20 minutes on the cycle.

Today, instead of going out and drinking lots of beer and using that as an excuse to eat poorly I am choosing the healthy route... a route that will not make me wake up and feel like shit in the morning because I made poor choices. I chose a route that I can look at myself in the mirror and say "You felt bad, but you took it out on the gym."

That's something to be proud of.

We're all human here on this journey. We all make mistakes, we all have our set backs, but the important thing is dusting ourselves off and knowing we can do this.

0 comments

Post a Comment