Still Keeping Momentum....

Monday, April 5, 2010

So, you guys heard a LOT from me last week and not so much from me in the past few days. I'm still alive, I'm still kickin butt and taking names. Don't you worry, the Easter Bunny didn't take me prisoner.

Wednesday I took as an off day from the gym. You know what? I kind of wanted to go, but instead my mom and I went to go see Alice in 3D. It was AMAZING!!!! I'm a huge fan so for me it was like being a kid in a candy store. Plus it was date afternoon with mom which pretty much rocked a lot of face.

We didn't get popcorn. We didn't get candy. We split a Diet Coke and I snuck in a South Beach Granola bar in my purse (sorry movie theatre, start offering less over priced stuff and healthy alternatives and I won't have to!). It was chocolate of course so that cured that craving.

Thursday I went to the gym... had to run some errands and it was party time for Eric. We went out that night and even though we made cupcakes I had none (which was actually a huge victory for me because I had finally found Rainbow Chip icing which I haven't seen in years.... I didn't even lick the cake batter or the icing knife). In exchange for said rainbow chip deliciousness I agreed I could have a beer or two... which actually ended up being 3 but hey who is counting?!

DDed for the party... came home at 3:30am...slept til about 11... I didn't go to the gym on Friday either because I was exhausted... and I figured I would go sometime on Sunday.

Saturday I did W2D1 of C25K. I'll be honest... it sucked. Hard. I live in the South... home of pine trees and flowers and bumble bees and POLLEN. I mean, turn your car YELLOW and everything else from parking lots to mail boxes. Pollen sucks, especially if you have allergies. Now, fortunately I am blessed to not have my mother's sinuses (although I'm afraid I may be growing into them)... but it was really hard to breathe doing W2D1. I haven't had this problem before...it just felt like my lungs weren't filling up completely with air and I was really trying to concentrate on my breathing. One time, in the very middle I took an extra 30 seconds to walk to try to catch my breath because if I kept going it may have been bad.

However, I survived. :)

I will admit, I did have 1 whole cheese stick (one half 2 days in a row)...thanks to my parents for ordering pizza and cheese sticks. I also succombed to eating 1 fast food breakfast burrito which I justified by saying "well its mostly sausage and eggs... the tortilla isnt good, but I want it."

But - other than that I did fantastic, including Easter lunch. I do have enough sodium in my system that if I were to die right now they probably wouldn't have to embalm me.

The scale showed it this morning. 189.5. Today is back to water, water, water. :)

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment

Anonymous said...

I read the whole post I promise, and could relate or comment on a bunch of it, but as a fellow North Carolinan I feel I must say this: Ummmm, POLLEN??? Holy shit! And it sneaks up on you. I mean, the weather got nice, so I opened the windows and turned on the ceiling fans and then BLAMMO everything in my house is covered in yellow dust. Rookie mistake. Won't happen again.

Post a Comment