What's the best way to learn to run?

Friday, July 30, 2010

Sign up for a 5k!

Then get your friends to sign up with you so you have people that are PLANNING on running with you.

Holy shit.

I think I may have lost my damn mind.

In my last post I touched on the fact that I've always wanted to be a runner. To experience a runner's high and feel the freedom that I always hear about. However, I've NEVER been a runner and unsuccessfully completed C25K twice now.

I got this crazy idea in my head that I would force myself to do it if I signed up for a 5K. So I am. It's going to be December 4th.

I know this sounds bad but I don't really care what kind of run it supports (this happens to be arthritis), I just want to run a 5k and say OMG I did it!

This will be just before my ONE YEAR anniversary of starting a lifestyle change and a HUGE personal accomplishment.

Here's my plan:

On Monday I will be re-starting week 1 of C25K.

I figure even if it takes me 12 weeks to complete the program INDOORS that will give me another 6 weeks to train outdoors. Score!!!! I know that road running will be much different as well as running in the COLD. Even if I decide to do some training during the fall it's a hell of a lot cooler than the 110 degree heat indexes we've had here recently.

And... there may be some really exciting breaking news regarding this LATER. So keep an eye on this blogspot. ;)

HAPPY FRIDAY!

0 comments

Post a Comment