Good ol' NSV...

Thursday, July 1, 2010

For those of you that are unfamiliar with what NSV means... its a non scale victory. It isn't determined by that pesky number many of us are obsessed with that can make one bless or curse their scale.

I have been working out steadily for the last few months. I have been bouncing around the same 5 lbs (more recently the same 2) for the past month.

I will be going out of town tonight to go visit friends in Atlanta. More importantly to celebrate the birthday of one of my nearest and dearest and to hang with some more of my nearest and dearest I haven't seen in over a year.

I'm probably about the same weight I was when I saw them. However, I'm glad I can say I'm about the same weight and NOT 25 lbs heavier.

We're going out on the town Saturday night when means I actually have to get dressed up. I'm such a tomboy that I HATE this, but stupid dress codes mean that I have to oblige and lets face it... every now and then it's fun to get semi dolled up and feel good about yourself. I've been busting my ass... I need a night to strut my shit even if no one else thinks it (but I don't think that will be a problem).

A few years ago when I was much smaller I bought this awesome top. It's a halter top with a flowy material over the top of a tank underneath. Can you tell I'm not a fashionista because i have no idea wtf this material is called. ANYWAY, I digress, it's a really cute top.

I tried it on a month or two ago just to see how it fit and I wasn't too happy. When I was packing my suit case last night I thought I would throw it on for shits and giggles to see how it fit.

Again, havent been losing so much, but I have been working out twice a week with my trainer, plus an additional 3 days a week with myself or my work out buddy which includes a day of doing weights on my own on top of cardio.

The other night my trainer asked how I thought things were going. If I liked what we were doing and how I was doing with losing weight. I told her that I can't seem to get over this hump but I was feeling good. She asked if I was noticing a difference in my clothing and said that I looked like I was losing weight. She intially took my measurements when we started working out together but won't take them again for another 2-4 weeks. I have not taken them on my own since.

I tried on the top.

It fits.

So as you can imagine, these NON SCALE VICTORIES can mean a lot, especially when the stupid @#$@#$ (#!@$&!)#!@(# !@_)!@(# scale doens't always say what you would like it to.

I hope you all have a FANTASTIC 4th of July. Whether you are celebrating it in style, going out of town or just taking time to relax.

Updates will follow next week! :)

0 comments

Post a Comment